Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
New Jersey Institute of Technology
Newark, NJ 07114
- Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, New Jersey Institute of Technology (2019-present)
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, University of Pennsylvania (2016-2019)
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Mechanical Engineering, City College of City University of New York(01/2016-06/2016)
- Postdoctoral Training, University of Pennsylvania, Penn Institute for Computational Science, Jun 2016 – August 2019Research Topics: Advanced biomaterials and nanogels as nanocarriers for targeted drug delivery and diagnostic applications Advisors: Professors Ravi Radhakrishnan, David Eckmann, and Portonovo Ayyaswamy
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, City College of City University of New York (2015) Thesis: Computational study of a self-cleaning process on superhydrophobic surfaces Advisor: Professor Taehun Lee
- M.Phil., Mechanical Engineering, City College of City University of New York (2012)
- M.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, Iran University of Science and Technology (2009)
- B.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, Sharif University of Technology (2006)
- Computational fluid dynamics/heat transfer
- Multiphase and multicomponent flows
- Soft condensed matter physics
- Colloid and interface science
- Multiscale simulation of environmental, biological and pharmaceutical sciences
- Renewable and non-renewable energy systems
- Targeted drug delivery
- Deep learning & machine learning
- Parallel high-performance scientific computing with MPI and GPU
 Computational Study of Binding of Deformable Nanoparticles to the Cell Surface Inspired by a Soft Matter Approach, Invited talk at the Centennial Anniversary of Engineering and Grove School of Engineering at the City College of New York, New York NY; September 20, 2019.
 Computational Study of Interfacial and Transport Phenomena: Mechanical and Biomedical Applications, Invited talk at Villanova University, Villanova PA; February 2, 2018.
 Effects of Micro-Particle on the Self-Propelled Jumping of Droplets on Superhydrophobic Surfaces, Invited talk at CUNY SIAM Student Chapter, Hunter College, New York NY; May 14, 2016.
 Computational Study of a Self-Propulsion Mechanism for Particle-laden Droplet Removal, Invited talk at the Radhakrishnan Laboratory, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia PA; May 3rd, 2016.
 Particle-laden Droplet Removal from Superhydrophobic Surfaces: A Computational Study, Invited seminar at Center for Turbulence Research, Stanford University, Stanford CA; April 29, 2016.
 Lattice Boltzmann Simulation of a Droplet in a Simple Shear Flow using Cahn- Hilliard Diffuse Interface Model, Levich Institute Seminar, City College of New York, New York NY; May 6rd, 2011.
Conference Abstracts and Presentations
 Quantitative basis for design and vascular targeting of flexible polymeric nanoparticles, 81st New England Complex Fluids Meeting (NECF), Harvard University, Cambridge MA; December 6, 2019.
 Tunable rigidity of polymeric nanoparticles for regulated vascular-targeted drug delivery, Multiscale Modeling Consortium – Interagency Modeling and Analysis Group, NIH, Bethesda MD; March 6-7, 2019.
 Quantitative basis for design and vascular targeting of flexible polymeric nanoparticles, Annual Meeting of the APS Division of Fluid Dynamics, Atlanta GA; November 18-20, 2019.
 Computational study of multivalent binding of deformable nanocarriers to the cell surface inspired by a soft matter approach, Annual Meeting of the APS Division of Fluid Dynamics, Atlanta GA; November 18-20, 2019.
 Computational study of deformable functionalized nanocarrier adhesion to the cell surface, 73rd New England Complex Fluids Meeting (NECF), Harvard University, Cambridge MA; December 1st, 2017.
 Computational study of deformable functionalized nanocarrier adhesion to the cell surface, American Institute of Chemical Engineering Annual meeting (AICHE), Minneapolis MN; October 29, 2017.
 Computational study on the binding of deformable, functionalized nanocarrier to the cell surface, 7th Northeast Complex Fluids and Soft Matter Workshop (NCS7), Princeton University, Princeton NJ; May 26, 2017.
 Biophysically inspired model for functionalized nanocarrier adhesion to cell surface and the development of next-generation pharmacokinetic models, 10th Multiscale Modeling Consortium – Interagency Modeling and Analysis Group, NIH, Bethesda MD; March 22-24, 2017. (Poster)
 Computational models of deformable functionalized nanocarriers and effect of crosslinking, Center for Targeted Therapeutics and Translational Nanomedicine (CT3N) Symposium, Philadelphia PA; December 6, 2016. (Poster)
 Computational models of deformable functionalized nanocarriers and effect of crosslinking, Penn Institute for Computational Science (PICS) Symposium: Emerging Paradigms in Scientific Discovery, Philadelphia PA; October 6, 2016. [Poster]
 Coalescence-induced jumping of droplets with a particle, UKC2016, Dallas TX; August 10-13, 2016.
 Self-propelled jumping of particle-laden droplets on superhydrophobic surfaces, 5th Northeast Complex Fluids and Soft Matter Workshop (NCS5), NYU Tandon School of Engineering, Brooklyn NY; January 15, 2016.
 Lattice Boltzmann method for liquid-gas-particle systems with compact discretization, Bulletin of the American Physical Society (APS), Boston, MA; November 23-25, 2015.
 An efficient lattice Boltzmann method for modeling liquid-gas-particle systems, ASME-JSME-KSME Joint Fluids Engineering Conferences, Seoul, South Korea; July 26-31, 2015.
 Coalescence-induced jumping of droplet, 4th Northeast Complex Fluids and Soft Matter Workshop (NCS4), Stony Brook NY; June 12, 2015.
 Continuum and molecular dynamics simulations of drop impact on wettable and textured surfaces, 11th International Conference for Mesoscopic Methods in Engineering and Science (ICMMES), New York NY; July 14-18, 2014.
 Impact of nano-drops on solid surfaces, 2013 AICHE annual meeting, San Francisco CA; November 3-8, 2013.
 Multiscale liquid drop impact on wettable and textured surfaces, 66th Annual Meeting of the APS Division of Fluid Dynamics, Pittsburgh PA; November 24-26, 2013.
 Liquid drop impact on wettable and patterned surfaces using lattice Boltzmann method, Materials Symposium and Graduate Recruitment Conference, New York NY; October 10-12, 2013.
 Continuum and molecular dynamic simulations of nano-drop impact on patterned surfaces, UKC 2013, East Rutherford NJ; August 7-10, 2013.
 LBM simulation of an immiscible single droplet in shear flow, NSF Site Visit, The City College of New York-University of Chicago MRSEC Partnership on the Dynamics and Heterogeneous and Particulate Materials (PREM) , New York NY; September 22-23, 2011.
 Effect of non-unit viscosity ratio on the droplet deformation in microconﬁned shear flow, 20th International Conference on Discrete Simulation of Fluid Dynamics (DSFD), Fargo ND; August 8-12, 2011.
 DSMC simulation of gas flow in 2D nanoscale channels, 2nd International Conference on Nano Science and Technology (ICNN), Tabriz, IRAN; October, 20-23, 2008.
 Two dimensional unstructured direct simulation Monte Carlo method for micro/nanochannel gas flows, Proceedings of 7th ASME International Conference on Nanochannels, Microchannels and Minichannels, Pohang, South Korea; June 22-24, 2009.
University and Professional Service
- Seminar coordinator, Spring 2020 Colloquium Series, Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, NJIT, 2020-current
- Master Thesis Defense Committee: Mr. Benjamin John Ingis, Mechanical Engineering – NJIT, USA, Proposal Title: Simplification and Integration of Lab on a Chip Technologies, 11/19/2019
- Student Awards & Scholarships Committee Member, Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, NJIT, 2019-current
- Local Organizing Committee Member, The 11th International Conference for Mesoscopic Methods in Engineering and Science (ICMMES 2014), New York, NY, 2014
- Journal of Fluid Mechanics
- Scientific Report
- Soft Matter
- AIChE Journal
- AIP Advances
- Computer & Fluids
- Microfluidics & Nanofluidics
- Journal of Computational Science
- European Journal of Mechanics/Fluids B
- Experimental Thermal & Fluid Science
- American Physical Society (APS)
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Persian Women in Tech
- Center for Targeted Therapeutics and Translational Nanomedicine (CT3N)