Department of Mechanical Engineering
New Jersey Institute of Technology
Newark, NJ 07114
- Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, New Jersey Institute of Technology (2019-present)
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, University of Pennsylvania (2016-2019)
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Mechanical Engineering, City College of City University of New York(01/2016-06/2016)
- Postdoctoral Training, University of Pennsylvania, Penn Institute for Computational Science, Jun 2016 – August 2019Research Topics: Advanced biomaterials and nanogels as nanocarriers for targeted drug delivery and diagnostic applications Advisors: Professors Ravi Radhakrishnan, David Eckmann, and Portonovo Ayyaswamy
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, City College of City University of New York (2015) Thesis: Computational study of a self-cleaning process on superhydrophobic surfaces Advisor: Professor Taehun Lee
- M.Phil., Mechanical Engineering, City College of City University of New York (2012)
- M.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, Iran University of Science and Technology (2009)
- B.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, Sharif University of Technology (2006)
- Computational fluid dynamics/heat transfer
- Multiphase and multicomponent flows
- Soft condensed matter physics
- Colloid and interface science
- Multiscale simulation of environmental, biological and pharmaceutical sciences
- Statistical mechanics
- Targeted drug delivery
- Deep learning & machine learning
- Parallel high-performance scientific computing with MPI and GPU
 Computational Study of Binding of Deformable Nanoparticles to the Cell Surface Inspired by a Soft Matter Approach, Invited talk at the Levich Institute – City College of New York, New York NY; February 20, 2020
 Computational Study of Binding of Deformable Nanoparticles to the Cell Surface Inspired by a Soft Matter Approach, Invited talk at the Centennial Anniversary of Engineering and Grove School of Engineering at the City College of New York, New York NY; September 20, 2019.
 Computational Study of Interfacial and Transport Phenomena: Mechanical and Biomedical Applications, Invited talk at Villanova University, Villanova PA; February 2, 2018.
 Effects of Micro-Particle on the Self-Propelled Jumping of Droplets on Superhydrophobic Surfaces, Invited talk at CUNY SIAM Student Chapter, Hunter College, New York NY; May 14, 2016.
 Computational Study of a Self-Propulsion Mechanism for Particle-laden Droplet Removal, Invited talk at the Radhakrishnan Laboratory, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia PA; May 3rd, 2016.
 Particle-laden Droplet Removal from Superhydrophobic Surfaces: A Computational Study, Invited seminar at Center for Turbulence Research, Stanford University, Stanford CA; April 29, 2016.
 Lattice Boltzmann Simulation of a Droplet in a Simple Shear Flow using Cahn- Hilliard Diffuse Interface Model, Levich Institute Seminar, City College of New York, New York NY; May 6rd, 2011.
Conference Abstracts and Presentations
 Stiffness can mediate the balance between hydrodynamic forces and avidity to impact the targeting of flexible polymeric nanoparticles in flow, Bulletin of the American Physical Society-virtual meeting, Denver CO; March 2-6 2020.
 Quantitative basis for design and vascular targeting of flexible polymeric nanoparticles, 81st New England Complex Fluids Meeting (NECF), Harvard University, Cambridge MA; December 6, 2019.
 Tunable rigidity of polymeric nanoparticles for regulated vascular-targeted drug delivery, Multiscale Modeling Consortium – Interagency Modeling and Analysis Group, NIH, Bethesda MD; March 6-7, 2019.
 Quantitative basis for design and vascular targeting of flexible polymeric nanoparticles, Annual Meeting of the APS Division of Fluid Dynamics, Atlanta GA; November 18-20, 2019.
 Computational study of multivalent binding of deformable nanocarriers to the cell surface inspired by a soft matter approach, Annual Meeting of the APS Division of Fluid Dynamics, Atlanta GA; November 18-20, 2019.
 Computational study of deformable functionalized nanocarrier adhesion to the cell surface, 73rd New England Complex Fluids Meeting (NECF), Harvard University, Cambridge MA; December 1st, 2017.
 Computational study of deformable functionalized nanocarrier adhesion to the cell surface, American Institute of Chemical Engineering Annual meeting (AICHE), Minneapolis MN; October 29, 2017.
 Computational study on the binding of deformable, functionalized nanocarrier to the cell surface, 7th Northeast Complex Fluids and Soft Matter Workshop (NCS7), Princeton University, Princeton NJ; May 26, 2017.
 Biophysically inspired model for functionalized nanocarrier adhesion to cell surface and the development of next-generation pharmacokinetic models, 10th Multiscale Modeling Consortium – Interagency Modeling and Analysis Group, NIH, Bethesda MD; March 22-24, 2017. (Poster)
 Computational models of deformable functionalized nanocarriers and effect of crosslinking, Center for Targeted Therapeutics and Translational Nanomedicine (CT3N) Symposium, Philadelphia PA; December 6, 2016. (Poster)
 Computational models of deformable functionalized nanocarriers and effect of crosslinking, Penn Institute for Computational Science (PICS) Symposium: Emerging Paradigms in Scientific Discovery, Philadelphia PA; October 6, 2016. [Poster]
 Coalescence-induced jumping of droplets with a particle, UKC2016, Dallas TX; August 10-13, 2016.
 Self-propelled jumping of particle-laden droplets on superhydrophobic surfaces, 5th Northeast Complex Fluids and Soft Matter Workshop (NCS5), NYU Tandon School of Engineering, Brooklyn NY; January 15, 2016.
 Lattice Boltzmann method for liquid-gas-particle systems with compact discretization, Bulletin of the American Physical Society (APS), Boston, MA; November 23-25, 2015.
 An efficient lattice Boltzmann method for modeling liquid-gas-particle systems, ASME-JSME-KSME Joint Fluids Engineering Conferences, Seoul, South Korea; July 26-31, 2015.
 Coalescence-induced jumping of droplet, 4th Northeast Complex Fluids and Soft Matter Workshop (NCS4), Stony Brook NY; June 12, 2015.
 Continuum and molecular dynamics simulations of drop impact on wettable and textured surfaces, 11th International Conference for Mesoscopic Methods in Engineering and Science (ICMMES), New York NY; July 14-18, 2014.
 Impact of nano-drops on solid surfaces, 2013 AICHE annual meeting, San Francisco CA; November 3-8, 2013.
 Multiscale liquid drop impact on wettable and textured surfaces, 66th Annual Meeting of the APS Division of Fluid Dynamics, Pittsburgh PA; November 24-26, 2013.
 Liquid drop impact on wettable and patterned surfaces using lattice Boltzmann method, Materials Symposium and Graduate Recruitment Conference, New York NY; October 10-12, 2013.
 Continuum and molecular dynamic simulations of nano-drop impact on patterned surfaces, UKC 2013, East Rutherford NJ; August 7-10, 2013.
 LBM simulation of an immiscible single droplet in shear flow, NSF Site Visit, The City College of New York-University of Chicago MRSEC Partnership on the Dynamics and Heterogeneous and Particulate Materials (PREM) , New York NY; September 22-23, 2011.
 Effect of non-unit viscosity ratio on the droplet deformation in microconﬁned shear flow, 20th International Conference on Discrete Simulation of Fluid Dynamics (DSFD), Fargo ND; August 8-12, 2011.
 DSMC simulation of gas flow in 2D nanoscale channels, 2nd International Conference on Nano Science and Technology (ICNN), Tabriz, IRAN; October, 20-23, 2008.
 Two dimensional unstructured direct simulation Monte Carlo method for micro/nanochannel gas flows, Proceedings of 7th ASME International Conference on Nanochannels, Microchannels and Minichannels, Pohang, South Korea; June 22-24, 2009.
University and Professional Service
- Seminar coordinator, Spring 2020 Colloquium Series, Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, NJIT, 2020-current
- Master Thesis Defense Committee: Mr. Benjamin John Ingis, Mechanical Engineering – NJIT, USA, Proposal Title: Simplification and Integration of Lab on a Chip Technologies, 11/19/2019
- Student Awards & Scholarships Committee Member, Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, NJIT, 2019-current
- Local Organizing Committee Member, The 11th International Conference for Mesoscopic Methods in Engineering and Science (ICMMES 2014), New York, NY, 2014
- Journal of Fluid Mechanics
- Scientific Report
- Soft Matter
- AIChE Journal
- AIP Advances
- Computer & Fluids
- Microfluidics & Nanofluidics
- Journal of Computational Science
- European Journal of Mechanics/Fluids B
- Experimental Thermal & Fluid Science
- American Physical Society (APS)
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Persian Women in Tech
- Center for Targeted Therapeutics and Translational Nanomedicine (CT3N)